This turkey bagel sandwich recipe is perfect if you're looking for Thanksgiving leftover ideas - or anytime! Smoked cheese, hot-sweet mustard, and chewy pumpernickel make for a different take on a turkey sandwich.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of my links, I may receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure policy here.
If you're looking for ideas for Thanksgiving leftovers, this turkey bagel sandwich recipe is for you. After all, you just cooked your butt off for the last three days. By the time Friday rolls around, the last thing you want to do is work for it. So make it easy - just put the sandwich in your mouth!
I love pumpernickel bagels for this sandwich. This oft-overlooked flavor is one of my favorites for sandwiches, and has less calories than a plain or wheat bagel. (If you even care... we are talking about Thanksgiving here.)
And now you're gonna say, "What is hot, sweet mustard?" And I'm gonna say, "It's necessary." You can find it ready-made, but you can make it at home with two ingredients and you simply can't substitute.
It's the key to the flavors in this sandwich. I can't explain it. Just eat it.
- Pumpernickel bagel: This is my favorite with this combo, but if you're partial to an onion bagel or sesame, go for it!
- Sliced turkey: Leftover from Thanksgiving or pre-sliced from the deli
- Smoked Gouda cheese: Smoked cheddar also works.
- Hot, Sweet Mustard: Use store-bought or you can make this by combining 1 tablespoon very zesty Dijon mustard with ½ teaspoon honey.
Pile turkey high on a plate, top with cheese, and microwave it until the cheese melts. Toast bagel, spread with mustard, top with turkey and cheese.
More sandwich recipes
- These Eggplant Sandwiches are perfect for summer.
- Make this Flank Steak Sandwich that's full of Italian flavors for a twist on the usual tailgating or backyard barbecue fare.
Turkey Bagel with Hot Sweet Mustard
Turkey Bagel Sandwich
- 1 pumpernickel bagel sliced in half and toasted
- 6 oz sliced turkey
- 3 slices smoked gouda cheese
Sweet Hot Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard very zesty variety
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Slice bagel in half and toast
- Pile turkey high on a plate and top with cheese. Microwave until turkey is hot and cheese melts.
- Combine mustard and honey in a small bowl.
- Spread mustard mixture onto bagel, top with warm turkey and cheese and enjoy!