If you're looking for summer salad ideas this easy Strawberry Arugula Salad has it all. Healthy, vegetarian, and ready in less than 15 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure policy here.
It's summer, kids! And when summer rolls around and there are so many good things to eat. It's also hot, and there are things to do and people to see so maybe you don't even want to cook at all. Fresh veggies, green salads, crisp and cold, that's all you need. But sometimes you do want to add some excitement. Jazz things up a little. So how do you jazz up a green salad? Herbs!
I can eat herbs like they are lettuce, and I often do. Basil, mint, cilantro, parsley, put them in a salad and something truly magical happens. Arugula is almost like an herb, too, with its peppery bite. And what goes better with basil, mint, and pepper than strawberries? Nothing, that's what.
This is one of those summer salad recipes that I just can't get enough of. I've made it three weeks in a row now. The way the strawberries, honey, lemon, and olive oil come together is sweet and bright and umami all in one. I'll be honest - I actually licked the plate. It was that good. I was alone in my kitchen, no one was watching. But I might do it in front of people if I had to...
Put this in your healthy salad recipes folder because everything in it is good for you. The "dressing" is the strawberries after they have macerated for a bit with honey (NO refined sugar - yay) and lemon. And everyone knows that a drizzle of olive oil is good for you. That's it! The rest is just the green goodness of arugula and flavorful herbs.
To allow the flavors to shine, eat this simple green salad with fish or grilled meats.
More strawberry recipes:
How to make Strawberry Arugula Salad with Basil and Mint
Adapted from Bon Appétit
This salad is so easy and so casual, like summer itself. Just toss the greens together, throw in those strawberries, let the juices run all over, and hit it with some olive oil.
Hull and slice strawberries.
Place strawberries in a bowl - I love my Pyrex bowls - then add lemon zest, lemon juice, and honey and allow to macerate for about 10 minutes or until juices are running out of the strawberries.
Place arugula in a large salad bowl.
Tear the basil and mint into smaller pieces (small leaves can remain whole). Toss herbs and arugula gently together with your hands.
Top the salad mixture with the strawberries, making sure to drizzle all of the juices over the greens.
Drizzle the salad with some good quality olive oil, season with a pinch of sea salt and serve.
More easy green salad recipes:
- Roasted Vegetable Salad with Charred Lemon Vinaigrette
- Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes, Feta, and Mint
Strawberry Arugula Salad Recipe with Basil and Mint
- 4 oz arugula
- 1 cup fresh basil lightly packed
- ½ cup fresh mint lightly packed
- 8 oz strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil to drizzle over salad
- sea salt
- Hull and slice strawberries and place them in a bowl.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and honey. Stir to combine and allow to macerate for 10 minutes, or until the juices are running from the strawberries.
- Place arugula in a large bowl. Tear the basil and mint into smaller pieces (small leaves can remain whole). Toss herbs and arugula gently together with your hands.
- Top the salad mixture with the strawberries, making sure to drizzle all of the juices over the greens. Drizzle the salad with some good quality olive oil, season with a pinch of sea salt and serve.