This Halloween chocolate bark is perfect for parties! Trick or treaters young and old will love it, and you can make it on one sheet pan for easy cleanup.
Fall is my favorite. And Fall means Halloween. And chocolate. And pretty colors on the trees. And most of all, Fall means candy corn. Does anyone eat it at any other time of year? Do they even sell it the other months of the year?
And it’s kind of ironic – I love Halloween, but I am such a chicken. I can’t watch scary movies – except for zombie ones, because zombies are NOT real – and I absolutely cannot go to haunted houses. Oh lord, no. It must be the theatrics. I do love a good costume. The year I was Inigo Montoya might’ve been my best. “Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya…”
So let’s go back to the days when people gave out homemade goodies to trick or treaters, but we can just keep them for ourselves this year. You can make this tasty Halloween chocolate bark in a few minutes and be the star of that Halloween party you are going to.
Peanut butter candies and candy corn make for perfect Halloween colors. And I added peanuts to the candy corn portion to mimic the taste of that classic candy bar that my cousin Jennifer introduced me to when we were kids.
Halloween Chocolate Bark
2 12 oz. bags of chocolate chips
Candy and/or nut topping of your choice
Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
Spread onto sheet pan lined with foil
Add candies of your choice – I barely press them down with my hands just to be sure they stick
Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set.
Remove from refrigerator and let stand for about 5 minutes and break into pieces.
Store in refrigerator.
- 2 bags dark chocolate chips 12 ounces each
- candy Reeses pieces or other of your choice
- peanuts or other nut of your choice
- candy corn
- Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Spread chocolate onto sheet pan.
- Top chocolate with candy and nuts, just barely pressing down with your hands to embed them in the chocolate.
- Place sheet pan in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand for 5 minutes, then break up into pieces. Store in refrigerator.