Gooey Dark Chocolate Brownies
Servings: 9 medium-sized brownies
This gooey brownie recipe is better than anything you could ever get from a box, and they're incredibly easy to make.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter 16 tbsp
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp bittersweet chocolate chips 60% cocoa or more
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp unbleached flour sifted
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with butter, dust with cocoa powder to coat and tap out the excess.
Melt butter and chocolate chips together in a pan over low heat, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
Cream eggs, sugar and vanilla together. Then add chocolate mixture and combine until well blended.
Measure the flour and salt and sift together into the chocolate mixture. Mix gently until combined and no bits of flour remain.
Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake 30-33 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with only crumbs, not wet batter.
Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack for one hour. Cut just before serving.
Tips and Tools
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure policy here.
- This recipe is adapted from the Fat Witch Brownies cookbook. It's an amazing little bakery in Chelsea Market in NYC. Do stop by if you're in the neighborhood. They have lots of amazing treats!
- I love my Wilton non-stick 9x9 baking pan for this recipe. Just butter the pan and dust it with cocoa powder and you won't need parchment paper or non-stick spray.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 0.5mg